The People Have Spoken
To the Editor:
1. The People Have Spoken. "Opinion Poll – 130 signatures opposed to a Dog Park being constructed on Town-owned property and opposed to any town monies used to maintain the park… Submitted to the Selectmen February 11, 2013.
2. The People Have Spoken. Petition signed by 172 taxpayers wishing for a basketball court to be built on Town Property… Petition Submitted to the Selectmen April 12, 2013
3. Town of Bethel Has None. Bethel has to rely on its sister towns (Greenwood and Bryant Pond and a private ball field in Newry) to use their baseball fields and tennis courts.
4. Why doesn't Mahoosuc Land Trust step up and offer land that has been purchased by donated monies or donated land for the purpose of "conserving land for the benefit of the public; pedestrian friendly communities and outdoor recreation" as stated in their Mission Statement and Vision. Perfect for a Dog Park… This question has been asked several times at the many meetings concerning the Dog Park and never answered. Mahoosuc Land Trust has land on Sunset Avenue (Bethel), on a one way street, and less traveled by walkers which would be perfect for a Dog Park.
5. This is YOUR Town. Please go to the Town Meeting June 12, and vote your opinion AGAIN (see 1 and 2 above). There will be three options – read them carefully, vote and stay to the end of the meeting to make sure the question does NOT come up again and is re-voted on.