Join ATV Ride
To the Editor:
On Sunday, June 23, the Roxbury ATV Riders (weather permitting) will be trailering their ATVs to the 13th Annual Mt. Washington Auto Road ATV Memorial Ride they have each year in memory of Gerry Pomerleau. Gerry was a retired firefighter from Dracut, Mass., who joined NHATV in 1999, moving up to director and founding the Mt. Washington ATV Auto Road Ride.
Those going from the Roxbury/Rumford area will meet at the old Rowe Ford parking lot on Route 2 and leave from this location at 10 a.m. sharp. Anyone planning to go from the Bethel and surrounding areas who wants to go up with the Roxbury club, needs to meet at the parking lot behind the movie theater in town. The Roxbury Club will arrive in Bethel around 10:45 a.m. and we will plan on leaving the parking lot at 11 sharp. Make sure you dress appropriately remembering that the weather at the bottom can be very different then the weather at the top of the mountain. They will have food for sale so you do not have to bring your own lunch unless you want too.
If it is cloudy or rainy, we will not be going. We say cloudy because you will not see any views. You may, however, if you wish, still go up on your own as this ride is open to anyone with ATVs.
The registration fee for this event is $35, and this is for the machine and driver, any additional riders are $10 per person. Half of the funds raised go to maintain the auto road and the other half will go to the memorial rides charities.
The requirements of this ride from those sponsoring this event are the following:
1. Hours of the ride are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2. Open to all ATV and UTV riders.
3. Valid driver’s license required (no youth will be able to drive their own ATV up unless that youth has a valid driver’s license).
4. Maximum 25 mph speed limit.
5. Single file and no passing.
6. Headlights must be on, if equipped.
7. Second rider on FACTORY 2-up machines only
8. No standing up on machine while riding on the auto road.
9. Eye protection is required – goggles, sunglasses etc.
10. Helmets required if under 18 years of age.
11. Stay on road unless you use designated viewing or pull off areas.
12. Only one trip up the auto road (but have unlimited tickets).
Your ATV does not have to have a N.H. registration for this ride. The state of N.H. is waiving this requirement for this ride. For more information on this you can go online to the following website: http://www.nhatv.com/pages/MT_Washington_2013.html.
Treasurer, Roxbury ATV Riders