MollyOckett Day logistics
To the Editor:
MollyOckett Day has arrived, and the Bethel Area Chamber of Commerce staff, board members and the MollyOckett Day Task Force have been working diligently to help ensure a successful, safe, and memorable day for everyone! We still are seeking volunteers to join our team at the event – so if you are interested, please contact us!
Here are a few reminders about the logistics of the day:
1. Parking for folks with limited mobility is available from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Bethel Inn Conference Center parking lot, which can be accessed from Mason and Broad Streets. A road guard will be allowing access, on a first come, first served basis to ONLY those who really need the close access. If you have not already done so, please come to the Chamber office between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. to pick up a parking pass.
2. Residents of Spring Street will have two-way access on MollyOckett Day while Main Street is closed to vehicles from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3. Residents of Philbrook Street will not have vehicular access (except for emergencies) during the hours Main Street is closed.
4. Access to the Bethel Post Office and the Bethel Shop & Save will be open all day from the Elm Street entrance. That parking lot needs to be maintained for customers only – please park there if you are shopping in the grocery store or accessing the Post Office.
5. We need to make sure that everyone stays safe during the Parade. PLEASE keep your children and grandchildren close by you as the floats and trucks are passing by. It has been a tradition for many years to throw candy from the floats and fire trucks. We do not want anyone getting hurt in their attempt to pick up candy in the road!
6. We are making every attempt to make our events as environmentally sustainable as possible. We will supply containers for recyclables – such as cardboard, as well as cans and bottles (that we give to the school groups who do bottle drives). Please help us by using the recycling containers – and keeping the Common and Main Street free of trash!
We would like to thank the many businesses and residents of the Bethel Village area for being willing to, at some inconvenience, allow the festival to expand on to Main Street If you have any questions, please contact the Chamber office at 824-2282.
Bethel Area Chamber of Commerce